Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's for Lunch?

So, I admit that there are many days that I walk into the Elementary School cafeteria and say, "Hmm..." to some of the options. Yesterday was one of those days. I mean I am all for healthy choices and vegetables, but I was surprised to see collard greens on the menu. I mean I guess we are in Alabama.

One of my little friends usually fills her plate and eats everything on her tray ONE item at a time. So I wasn't overly surprised when she was the ONLY kid in our class to select collard greens. She happened to sit across from me and when she came to the collard greens, I admit that I was curiously watching to see if she really knew what she was eating.

She took her first bite and made the most awful face at me and said "Yick, I am NOT eating that. That's gross."

I said, "That's okay, you've eaten everything else, but why do you think they're gross?"

She say, "Ick, because they taste like MUD that's why!"

Well, that's probably why I don't eat collard greens either!

No comments:

Post a Comment