Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life Advice from a Kindergartner

So today during writing I was conferencing with a few students and out of the blue, one of the little girls asks me if the boy at the table is going to be my boyfriend. I laughed and said...

"Well, first of all, I think he's a really cool guy, but I think he's a little too young for me, and second of all, I have a husband, and I don't think he would be very about me having a boyfriend."

She said, "WHAT? You have a husband? (which I had told her at least 5 times before) Then where are your kids?"

I said, "Well I don't have any yet. I just have a husband, but I don't have kids."

She said, "Well, when are you going to start growing babies in your tummy? You need to do that before you get too old you know."

I just laughed and said, "I don't know. I think I will one day." In my head I was thinking, gee thanks kid . I'm already freaking out a little about turning 30 this year. I don't know if I needed that life advice from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment