Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Well, they're honest.

Well, my body finally gave in to all the Kindergarten germs I have come in contact with this year. I broke down and went to the doctor and a sinus and ear infection later came out with a shot and some antibiotic. I have been feeling better, but the worst part is when I feel like I am going to start having a coughing fit while teaching. I had one of those moments today while I was observing the reading group I am going to take over next week. So, I popped in a small piece of candy my teacher had and it tasted a little like licorice.

At the end of the reading lesson the boy sitting beside me looked up at me, sniffed a few times and said, "Mrs. Barnett, what did you brush your teeth with this morning?"

I laughed and said toothpaste, but I told him he was probably smelling the candy I had in my mouth to keep from coughing. He laughed and said, "That must be it. I was going to tell you that I had never smelled any toothpaste that smelled like that!"

If there is anything I have learned, it is that a kindergartener will always be honest with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment