Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My momma said...

Today was the 100th day of school for my students, so during one part of the day, they reflected on the year so far and discussed what they had learned. This evolved into a time for them to share what they wanted to be when they grew up. They had to tell what the wanted to be and why. Here was one students' response...

Boy, "I want to be a policeman."

Teacher, "Why do you want to be a policeman?"

Boy, "Because you get the bad guys and you can do anything you want."

Teacher, "Being a policeman doesn't mean you can do anything you want and get away with it. You have to follow the same laws and rules as everyone else."

Boy, "What!? Well that's not what my momma said...My momma LIED to me!"

Well okay, we'll just leave it at that then!

No comments:

Post a Comment