Saturday, April 16, 2011

At least she used a vocabulary word...

Each week we teach our students three "wow" words, which are higher level vocabulary words. To give you a little background to this story, one of our words this week is scurry. So, on the way back from recess one day I got caught up talking to another teacher, so our substitute walked the students back. I hurried to get back to the classroom, and when I came in, this was the conversation that took place...

Boy: "Mrs. Barnett, how did you get back so fast?"

Me: "I don't know, I guess I walked very fast."

Boy 2: "Were you scurrying?"

Me: "I guess I was."

Girl: (With straight and serious face) "Mrs. Barnett, you can NOT scurry. Your feet are TOO big to scurry!"

I guess she put me in her place!

No comments:

Post a Comment